APPS 1.04 Student Organizations
Department of Accounting
McCoy College of Business Administration
Texas State University
APPS 1: Organization and Stakeholders
APPS 1.04: Student Organizations
Student organizations exist to provide educational, professional, service and social activities for accounting majors and to assist the Department of Accounting in its mission.
02.01 A proposed student organization seeking sanction by the Department must submit the following:
- Official name of the proposed organization,
- Enumeration of its purpose and how that purpose advances the Department’s mission,
- Petitioning documentation if requesting national or international affiliations,
- Evidence of student interest in organization formation,
- Proposed membership eligibility requirements (i.e., grade point averages, enrollment in specific number of hours or courses, etc.),
- Officer positions/duties/authority,
- Procedures for selecting and removing officers, schedule of expected activities for the upcoming school year, and
- Letter from the proposed faculty advisor indicating acceptance of that role.
02.02 The Department Chair and personnel committee must consent to accept any student organization before formal establishment.
Membership in a student organization sanctioned by the Department is limited to students currently enrolled as accounting majors (undergraduate or graduate) at Texas State University. Other requirements and/or extending membership to other majors may be possible to abide by national or international requirements of a specific organization.
A Department of Accounting faculty member must be willing and able to serve as advisor to a sanctioned student organization to ensure that it complies with all university and college policies and procedures for maintaining the status as a university recognized student organization.
Organization activities must comply with the Department of Accounting’s mission, the operating guidelines outlined in this policy and procedure statement, and the organization’s application. In the event of noncompliance, the organization may be terminated by the Department Chair and the tenured faculty of the Department of Accounting.
This APPS has been approved by the reviewers listed below and represents the Accounting Department policy and procedures from the date of the document until superseded.
Review Cycle: September 1, E5Y
To Be Reviewed: September 1, 2019