The Texas Public Accountancy Act provides for the establishment and maintenance of a scholarship program for fifth-year accounting students. The program is funded by Texas CPAs who contribute $10 annually to the scholarship program through their license renewal.
The purpose of the Fifth Year Accounting Student Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to students intending to take the CPA examination as Texas applicants and ultimately to serve the residents of this state.
Available to MAcy students as well as Seniors who meet listed criteria.
Deadlines for Departmental Submission
Fall semester: August 1st
Spring semester: Deadline Extended: Dec. 15th 5pm
Summer semester: April 15*
*Summer awards are dependent on available funds--students can apply but should be prepared for possibility of no award
Before applying, please review information regarding the scholarship requirements THOROUGHLY.
- This information can be found on the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy website.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that they meet the criteria for the award prior to submission of applicant documents.
- Students enrolled in the integrated MAcy program are not eligible for the 5th year scholarship program unless they have completed 120 credit hours prior to the semester in which the scholarship is requested.
Begin the application of intent process through the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy.
This part can take weeks so START EARLY.
Fill out a current FAFSA.
Only students with financial need (as determined by FAFSA) can be awarded funds through the TSBPA. International students are not eligible for the 5th Year Scholarship.
Only AFTER you receive a confirmation letter or email from the TSBPA that your applicant of intent has been received, fill out the form below by the due dates (see above).
You will be required to attach the following documents to submit the form successfully.
1. The Fifth Year Application from TSBPA
Found here: TSBPA Application (PDF)
(Student fills out first page ONLY. The remaining pages are processed by the department and then financial aid on your behalf.)
2. PDF Copy of Letter/Email from TSBPA confirming Receipt of the Application of Intent
3. PDF Copy of Unofficial Transcript. Texas State Students can skip this step (department can access transcript on your behalf)
Fifth Year Application Form
Upon submission of the application form below, the department staff will confirm eligibility/ineligibility for the 5th year scholarship within 2-3 business days (excluding university holidays).
Questions about the scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.